I've been wanting to start a series on the blog for a while to share all of my current obsessions with you. These are always my favorite types of posts from other bloggers so I figured, why not share my favs with you!
This series will be bi-weekly or monthly sharing all of my latest foodie, self-care, spiritual, health, wellness, and maybe some random obsessions! I'd also love to hear from you about what you're obsessed with lately in the comments.
I just think it's so fun to share our favorite finds and tips with each other, you know?
Anyways, here it goes...
10 Things I'm Obsessed With Friday
1. I've been seriously obsessed with Audible lately. Now, this is nothing new, but I finally started listening to books on 1.5x speed and I can finish books so much faster. It took a while to get used to it, but once you do it's amazing. I love listening to audio books while I'm cleaning, driving, working out, or doing any mindless activities. A few awesome books I've listened to lately are Scrappy Little Nobody, The 4-Hour Workweek, & Will I Ever Be Good Enough?
2. This could have gone along with #1 but I thought it deserved it's own category. I recently listened to Women, Food, & God by Geneen Roth and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't agree more with her whole philosophy on eating and how it is the gate way to spirituality. And don't be afraid about the God aspect, it's really not a religious book and doesn't talk a whole lot about God, but more about deepening your spirituality. If you're ready to transform your relationship with food, this book is a great place to start.
3. I'm just going to put this out in the Universe and say that I will be at the next live Super Soul Sessions by Oprah. Every year I look forward to watching these videos which are always so moving and inspiring. I especially loved Glennon Doyle Melton's talk. If you are feeling down or need a little inspiration in your life, I highly suggest you go watch some videos - you will not be dissapointed.
4. On another note, I've finally given up my extremely sugary, creamy coffee for an amazingly delicious and healthier version (this has seriously taken years!). This recipe has changed my life and I now drink way less coffee and don't experience the crash I used too. #winwin
5. If you follow me on instagram (which you totally should!) than you already saw I made these Healthy Donut Holes and I was seriously shocked at how good they are. I had to really use some will power not to eat them all right away. My kids even loved them which is always a huge plus!!
6. I don't know if I've mentioned this on here before, but I'm really not into working out. I mean, I love to move my body, but that usually consists of walking, hiking, or yoga. I'm just not that into cardio, sweating, and/or feeling like I'm about to die, ya know? But lately I've been craving a little more exercise besides just walking and yoga, so I decided to join the Tone It Up crew for the Bikini Series Challenge and I have to say I'm loving it. I just love that each day is completely different, I am working all areas of my body, and there is just something about the community aspect that is extremely motivating. If you aren't doing it already, it's not too late to sign up and join (it's free)!
7. This past year I've been really into New & Full Moon rituals. I just love an excuse to release beliefs & ideas that are no longer serving me and to brainstorm and manifest all that I am desiring in the future. It's a great way to stay in tune with yourself, your desires, and the universe.
8. OMG! I am so excited to share this one with you. It may even require a whole post soon. I recently discovered Mother Dirt and heard about their AO + Mist. This mist contains a live probiotic and is supposed to restore and maintain good bacteria on the skin and GET THIS - you can use it instead of deodorant & according to their website 60% of users are able to completely cut our deodorant! I've been struggling with finding a natural deodorant that actually works - especially since I have an extreme sweating problem! Well, I have only been using this mist for about a week and I have to say it seems to be working. I'm really shocked at how much I no longer sweat or smell. I'm going to continue use for a bit and then write a whole blog post about it once I know for sure it's worth the investment!
9. I recently read the book Women Code by Alisa Vitti and got her app and I am totally obsessed. I couldn't describe it better than the website itself: "The First-Ever Period Tracking App That ALSO Tells You Exactly What to Do to Be Symptom-Free!". I don't about you, but I've had some weird issues with my period ever since I was 15 and got my first one. It's always been irregular. I've had intense cramps and extreme PMS. I was super excited to start getting a regular period and relieving these symptoms by using this app. The app tells you what to eat, how to move your body - all in ways that support your body depending on which part of your cycle you are in. I just recently started using it so I can't really report on how well it works - but I love the whole concept and hope to share more with you soon! Also - I highly, highly recommend reading the book!!
10. My kids and I created the best night time routine and we're all totally obsessed with it so I just had to share! Inspired by That's So Retrograde podcast, each night we lay in bed and discuss our "Roses & Thorns" of the day. These are the highs & lows or good & bad things that happened throughout the day. This is such a great way to connect with my kids and hear about their day. After that we discuss what we call our "Thankfuls". We each name 3 things we are thankful for. I started this because I really want to teach my kids to be appreciative of all that they have and to practice daily gratitude. I used to struggle with bedtime because it was such a chore to get the kids to want to go to sleep, but now we all look forward to it and trust me - they do not let me forget that we have to do our Roses & Thorns & Thankfuls every night, haha!
Are you reading to end your struggles with food & reclaim your energy?
Sign up below to get my Free Mindful Eating Mini Course
Wow, that turned out to be a lot longer than I expected, but I had a lot to share I guess. I hope you loved reading this as much as I loved writing it.