Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm sure you are well aware of the negative affects of sugar on our health.
Well, I'm here to tell you that just because sugar isn't good for ya, doesn’t mean you have to kiss your sweet tooth goodbye forever! (good news, right!?)
There's actually quite a huge difference between low quality sweeteners (ex. highly processed white sugar or artificial sweeteners) and high quality sweeteners.
The truth is highly processed, refined sugar can have devastating effects on your metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases. This is no joke...
● Sugar equals tons of calories with no essential nutrients. All it does is cause tooth decay by literally feeding harmful bacteria in your mouth!
● If you eat high quantities of refined, processed sugar but do no exercise you are at risk, for the fructose derived from an excess of sugar, to get lodged in your liver and cause non- alcoholic fatty liver disease.
● When you consume too much sugar, it can cause resistance to the hormone insulin, which can lead to diseases like metabolic syndrome, obesity, cardiovascular disease and type II diabetes.
● An excess amount of sugar can have a devastating effect on your metabolism, which is now known to lead to cancer.
● Sugar is highly addictive because after ingestion it causes a huge release of dopamine in your brain.
● Sugar is a major contributor to heart disease, which is the number one killer in the world.
But what many people don’t realize is that there are healthier, alternative sweeteners out there that won’t damage your health as much and taste just as sweet, if not more!